This stupid book is now triumphantly finished, and I can attest to the following valuable lessons nestled within its pages:
1. The French suck.
2. They also hate Jews.
3. French peasants particularly suck.
4. Aristocrats are way awesome, especially the British ones.
5. Women looking/acting like children is super-hot. (wait — what?)
6. England is beautiful and free.
7. The only lower class British citizen worth mentioning is one who's a devoted servant.
8. The Scarlet Pimpernel is basically Tony Stark v. 1.0.
9. Baroness Orczy assumed her readers were really, really dumb.
10. They apparently were.