Some people would say I already did a 2011 wrap-up, but to them I say IT IS STILL ONLY THE 21ST LEAVE ME ALONE.
I'm gonna do a top 10 list, 'cause I love that shit.
Best Books I Read in 2011
I'm not gonna think too hard about this, so it's probably at least kind of incorrect. But trust that these books were all awesome and should be read.
1. The Witch of Blackbird Pond - Yeah, I didn't read it when I was little. Yeah, it's still awesome if you read it in your 20s. Yeah, I called the local library of Wethersfield, CT and asked if they had any kind of sites to see in their town related to the book.
2. Middlesex - If you don't know by now that everyone thinks this book is awesome, why are you reading book blogs, because you obviously don't absorb information.
3. Will Grayson, Will Grayson - Yes yes, it's very good.
4. Sophie's Choice - There's no way I'm not listing this.
5. The Family Fang - This has just kind of stuck with me? I really liked it. I loved the family, despite the parents being kind of assholes but not quite.
6. The Old Curiosity Shop - DICK SWIVELLER I LOVE YOU. Ignore Little Nell. Read for Dick Swiveller.
7. The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance - I've recommended this too much. I'm just a fan.
8. How to Leave Twitter - If you're on twitter and haven't read this, I don't get you.
9. Unfamiliar Fishes - I wasn't that into it after I finished it, BUT I've used the information I learned about Hawaii a LOT this year. Plus I still love Sarah Vowell, so I'll rec anything she writes.
10. Ragtime - Did you know there's a musical of this and it's awesome and the book is similarly awesome?
MERRY ALMOST-CHRISTMAS, ALL
Post a Comment